The following agreement is between Donna Gunn (breeder), hereafter referred to as "Seller," and ______________________________________ , hereafter referred to as "Purchaser." In consideration of a purchase price of_______________________ dollars ($_______________________), of which $_______ is a non-refundable deposit, the Seller transfers in fee simple all rights, privileges and responsibilities associated with the ownership of the male/female puppy of the _______________________ breed to Purchaser as of the date and time specified below.
In the event of emergency of any above conditions after the sale of the puppy, Seller binds himself/herself to:
A. Replace the puppy with one of equivalent quality from the first litter bred by the Seller if the genetic condition is sufficiently serious in the opinion of two qualified veterinarians, at least one of whom is selected by the Seller, to warrant euthanization of pup.
B. Allow a credit, less the nonrefundable deposit, toward the purchase of another puppy from Seller. Purchaser has the right to return the pup to Seller during the first 24 hours from the date and time of signature of this agreement for credit in the amount of the purchase price toward the acquisition of another puppy from Seller or for a refund of the purchase price less the non-refundable deposit. All travel expenses are the responsibility of the purchaser.
C. We the undersigned have read, understood and agree with the terms of this contract. We have also read the health guarantee that is posted on the website and agree to follow the terms of the guarantee. The Health Guarantee, also posted on our website does also apply. By purchasing a puppy from DJ's Puppies, you agree to the following:
1. All puppies offered for sale on our website are for pet homes only. Our puppies are intended for pet homes. However, in certain cases we do allow you to breed.
2. Validation of the guarantee requires examination of your puppy by the vet of your choice and at your expense within 3 business days from the date of arrival for any health issues. This is mandatory. This examination is expected to confirm that your puppy is deemed healthy.
3. At first sign of puppy distress or illness the buyer must take puppy to a licensed veterinarian immediately AND call the seller. If the puppy has not eaten at all in the first 24 hours, call us immediately! Upon arrival all veterinary care and its associated costs are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the buyer. Stress induced illnesses such as hypoglycemia, colds or diarrhea from traveling/stress/transitioning are not covered.
4. We are not responsible for a puppy's exposure to diseases after they leave our possession. Do not take your puppy to public places, allow strangers to pet or hold until puppy has completed all its vaccinations and your vet advises it is safe to do so. Treat your puppy as a newborn baby.
5. If your puppy is shipped, he/she has had a thorough vet check and has received a health certificate. He/she has been through at least his first shots and usually a series of shots before he/she has been delivered to you. Pup has also been on a deworming schedule. However, this does not mean that he is free of worms because young animals are especially susceptible to worms and are exposed every time they touch the ground. Deworming is an ongoing process that will need to be continued once the puppy is in your care. Your puppy will also need follow up shots. It is very important that you follow your vet’s recommendations with shots and deworming.
6. If the puppy has a vet diagnosed congenital or hereditary defect that is a life-threatening condition, bring the breeder a vet signed statement of the defect, and it will be replaced with the first available puppy with the same value as soon as possible. The original puppy must be returned before a new puppy can be delivered. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer. No shipping charges will be refunded or paid by seller for any reason.
7. Color of hair, texture, and length, are not guaranteed. Hair color changes with time and age.
8. Size is not guaranteed. It is not possible to know exactly what size a puppy will be when grown. Any indications of size are an estimate based on the size of the parents and can change depending on a lot of other variables. We do provide an estimate that is based on our experience as breeders, but we are not able to guarantee the predicted size of the puppy. Much of its size is based on his lifestyle with his new owners, including amount of exercise and the food he eats.
9. The breeder is not responsible for any veterinarian bills that the purchaser may incur regarding the purchased puppy.
10. This guarantee is non-transferable and is null and void if the puppy is sold to a third party, and if normal precautions are not taken.
11. Especially with smaller breeds of puppies, there is always a chance that stress will cause the puppy's sugar to drop to dangerous levels. It is the responsibility of the new owner to be very observant regarding the puppy's sugar level and to be aware of swift action that needs to be taken if this condition does occur. The new owner should be cautious to make sure that this condition doesn't affect the puppy. The breeder is not and cannot be responsible for issues that are a result of neglect of this condition.
12. The new owner is aware of any past medical history of this puppy and accepts it. The new owner is responsible for obtaining veterinary advice when needed and for paying for those services. From the time the puppy leaves the possession of the breeder, the purchaser assumes all responsibility of vet bills and for the care of said puppy. If, for any reason, the puppy dies, the breeder has the right to demand and order an autopsy on the dog at the purchaser's expense. If the death is the breeder's fault which is found as a result of original lab results from a licensed veterinarian, the puppy will be replaced by the breeder.
13. No cash refunds will be given. (Will be at the discretion of breeder.)
14. If a puppy is to be replaced, the breeder will provide a healthy puppy of the same quality as the previous puppy as soon as one is available. The new owner will be responsible for all shipping charges for the first puppy to be returned to the breeder and for the charges for the second puppy to be shipped to them as well.
15. We work closely with our vets to ensure the health of our puppies. Puppies have been administered all the vaccinations and dewormings that are indicated on puppy’s shot records. Vaccinations are administered by the breeder under the vet recommended immunization program. We will only indicate the vaccinations that your puppy has had. Please be aware that they have had these vaccinations and you should continue age-appropriate vaccinations as recommended by your veterinarian. Giving too many immunizations and ignoring the immunizations that have been given can also be harmful to your puppy's health.
16. Our puppies will have a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian before they leave and will be vet checked. Although we do everything we can to ensure the health of our puppies, our health guarantee does not apply to "kennel cough", coccidia, diarrhea, collapsed trachea, giardia, open fontanel, or parasites.
1. Teacup size puppies are especially delicate. They require a very high level of care. New teacup puppy owners will need to take extra precautions regarding the feeding and care of the puppies to ensure that the puppy's sugar is at a healthy level.
2. Because of the delicate nature of a teacup puppy, our health guarantee does not apply to these puppies. We take extra care to make sure they are ready to go to their new homes before they leave - sometimes we prefer to keep the puppies until they are 12 weeks old especially if they will be flying to their new homes.
3. We do guarantee that our teacup puppies are healthy and are checked by a licensed veterinarian and health certificate that is issued in the state of Arkansas and that they are free from known defect before they leave.
4. We also prefer an adult household for most of the puppies of this size. Other exclusions to this guarantee: reactions to vaccines, over vaccinating, food or environmental allergies, reactions to flea/tick top spots treatments. Seller does not guarantee the coat, color, size, temperament of puppy or previous AKC ancestors DNA (which is out of our control).
Full and Final Agreement The parties agree that this writing represents the entire agreement between them and that no other representations have been made regarding the puppy described above. This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas and in Polk County.
Date & Time of signature
Please feel free to print this contract and sign. If you are meeting in person and would like a signed contract, please print and bring with you to the meeting place.